Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I'm back!! Happy 2013!

Happy New Year!

Many of you are new to my blog and I'd like to personally invite you to grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and join the conversations this year. I had to take a little time off from writing last year due to the intense homeschooling schedule we have, but I am hoping to better organize my time {the hint of a resolution} and be able to blog more starting TODAY!


Since it is New Years Day, many of you are thinking of making resolutions. I read through the post I wrote last year on New Years' Resolutions, or "goals", and was inspired all over again! I highly suggest you click over for some great suggestions.



For 2013, I am planning {Lord willing} to do the following:

Read through the Old Testament in a year. This shouldn't be too difficult, but it will get me into God's word {which I love} and still allow time for other reading. And to make this even more special, I get to read from the new MacArthur ESV Study Bible that my loving husband got me for Christmas {even though we agreed not to get each other presents this year}.
Start juicing! I have been watching many documentaries {some really good, some terrible} about food and I am inspired to start juicing. I have ordered my juicer {here is the brand I chose} and am anxiously awaiting delivery. Once it is here and I have it figured out, I may even attempt a 10 day juice fast {gulp}. I suffer from many health issues - nothing life threatening, but they do interfere with my quality of life - and I truly believe I can find relief, if not total healing, with a change in my diet {adding in superfoods and many vitamin rich vegetables}. I'll be sharing my adventures in juicing with you in case you want to give your body a reboot. {smile}


 
 
Read "Fierce Women; The Power of a Soft Warrior" and allow God to change my heart and attitude. My Mom suggested this book after hearing the author on the radio and my sister got it for me for Christmas. Admittedly, I heard the same author, actually her husband, on the radio and wanted to get a copy of the book as well. I felt the conviction just from the radio interview - and now that I am a couple chapters into the book - wow! I am definitely a fierce woman and unfortunately, my tongue can be "a restless evil full of deadly poison", just as the Bible describes it in the book of James 3. I need help in taming my tongue and attitude to use the qualities God gave me for His glory, not as a way to get my own way and bully those around me {including my loving husband}. Look for future posts about this book, and maybe even a giveaway. I can't save all this conviction for myself!
 
 
Back on the healthy side of things, I am also planning on drinking more water. Again, on one of the documentaries I watched, they suggested starting out your day, before even a sip of coffee, drinking a liter of water to jumpstart your system. I actually started this a few days ago and L.O.V.E. how it makes me feel. It gets me into the habit of grabbing a glass of water, not only in the morning, but throughout the day. Nothing bad can come from this - well, except maybe having to take a potty break during the middle of my run at the gym! Just a little embarrassing....  {giggle}
 
 
Just like last year, I will also be looking for more ways to love and bless others and spread the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ. The more and more I see happening in our world, the more I believe that Jesus may be coming back soon. I want everyone I know to be caught up in the rapture with me and none to be left behind. The book of Revelation does not describe a fun party time when the Christians leave the Earth. I have been reading about it in my Bible reading program from last year and it is a fearful thing to be in the hands of an angry God {J. Edwards, "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" for more}.
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!